Wednesday 22 July 2015

Mum's who ride

Hello or Bonjour!

Just back from a fab wee family holiday to France. Relaxing......? Not one little bit. Busy, lots of fun and a touch tiring too.



I have been thinking about biking lots, perhaps as I do very little of it in the school holidays. There are many reasons why I ride my bike and many reasons that make it possible to ride my bike. Some thoughts out loud today.

I ride my bike because.....

It is a good example to my children
 
It is good for me physically
 
It keeps me sane
 
and
 
Keeps my bottom from going south

Tones me up
 
Provides a personal challenge
 
and
 
Peace for half and hour
 
and
 
Nothing scares me too much since childbirth!

I 'can'

I 'can' ride my bike because........
 
I am motivated
 
I am organised
 
I am not fussy where I ride my bike

I don't wish to have a fancy bike
 
I utilize what is on my doorstep
 
I don't care if I just pedal for half an hour
 
I turn up at school sweaty and in lycra

I sometimes get up at 5.30am

I sometimes go to bed at 1am

I don't get much sleep

'But you don't work'  'She has loads of spare time' 'You never ride with us'  
 
I silently chuckle and await the day that those who make such remarks are blessed with the job of being a mummy and begin an incredibly different journey. One where it seems impossible to pee without an audience or eat dinner without having to leave the table and go from front door to car in less than ten minutes. Never mind fitting  in a bike ride. I am fitter now than I have ever been but with less time than I have ever had.

Big up to all Mum's who get out and ride!
 






 

1 comment:

  1. Ace post Kerry, as always. :-) Now if we can get my husband as keen, I might even get out more often!

    ReplyDelete